Slack has finally added a long-request feature – scheduled messages. If Slack is your preferred platform for work-related communication, you’ll be happy to know that you can now conveniently compose messages and distribute them at any time of your choice. This feature will be helpful, especially for colleagues who work across different time zones. Having said that, here’s how to schedule Slack messages using desktop and mobile apps.
How to Schedule Slack Messages:-
As of the writing of this article, Slack is slowly introducing the feature to its users. So since you don’t see the option to schedule messages to send to your workplace right now, here’s how you can check if this feature is available to you and use it to schedule messages.
Schedule Messages Using Slack Desktop App (Windows, Mac, and Linux):-
- Open the slack channel or chat window of the person you want to text and type the message. After typing the message, you’ll notice a new bottom arrow icon next to the “Send” button.
- Click the down arrow and set your preferred time to send the message. Slack will offer you some default options, but you can also choose a custom time for sending messages.
- You can click on the “Custom Time” option here to access the date and time picker, all you have to do is select a preferred date and time and click on “Schedule Message”.
Schedule Messages on Slack Using Mobile App (Android and iOS):-
If you are away from your PC and want to schedule a message from your phone, you can do this too. Here’s how to set up messages using the Slack mobile app on Android and iOS.
- Open Slack Chat or Channel and type your message. Once you’re done, press and hold the “Send” button until the message scheduling UI pops up.
- Then, like the desktop app, you can choose the date and time you want to send the message. You have the option of choosing one of the default suggestions or setting a custom time here. When you’re done, press the “Schedule Message” button.
- Once you’ve defined a message, you’ll see a confirmation prompt at the bottom of the channel or chat window. It says – “Your message will be sent.”
Manage Scheluled Messages on Slack:-
You can access all your scheduled messages in two ways. You can click “View all scheduled messages” in the Channel / DM window or go to the “Scheduled” section from the sidebar.
After scheduling a message, Slack lets you perform five actions. You can edit the message, reschedule it, send it immediately, or cancel the schedule and move it to the draft. Finally, if you do not want to send the schedule message, you can delete it as well. How easy it is to use the newly defined messaging feature in Slack.
Hopefully, through this post, I have been able to tell you how to Schedule Messages on Slack. If you have any questions you can ask in the comment below.