Smartphone users must have heard about hidden apps on android devices. Such apps are hidden by you after installation. You can keep the pre-installed apps on your mobile phone. Also you need to install some hidden apps on the devices to keep your various apps safe.
Teens sometimes prefer to hide apps on android smartphone for their personal use. Which includes messaging, WhatsApp and chat more etc?
I will tell you how to find hidden apps on your android phone with the help of these posts. There are better ways to view apps on your android phone by going to the home screen. But not all installed android devices show here.
Find Hidden Apps on Android Using App Drawer:-
You can see the complete list after installing this app on your android device. You need to tag icon with the four or six dots in the center at the bottom of this home screen. After clicking this minute you will see a screen where the apps installed on your device will be arranged in a complete list. Here you can see most of the apps through and rough devices. Follow the steps below to see these hidden apps on your phone.
- You can carry this app through your device.
- Click on the three dots on the top right of the devices screen.
- Go to home screen and click on settings. You have to navigate through the menu of these apps.
- Here you can see hidden apps which will not be visible in app list. Find apps from your device from this hidden menu.
Find Hidden Apps on Android Using Settings:-
You can access the complete list of apps available on Android devices from the device’s Settings app. The steps may vary based on device model and brand, but are mostly the same.
- First, launch the Settings app, which looks like a gear icon.
- Please scroll down and tap on Manage Apps
- On the next screen under the all tab, you will see the complete list of apps present on your device.
You can even view the system files and apps that help run Android OS successfully.
Find Hidden Apps on Android Phones Using ES File Explorer app (File Manager App):-
Another alternative option to find hidden apps on Android phone is by using a third-party Android file manager app, here we are going to use “ES File Explorer” app to find hidden apps on the device.
- Install “ES File Explorer” file manager app from play store
- When the installation is complete, open ES File Explorer.
- Now, slide down the menu drawer and select the Tools option.
- Please scroll down the screen, find the Show hidden files option and enable its switch button.
- Now, you can see the complete list of hidden apps if present on your Android device
- Later, if you change your mind and want to hide the apps again, disable the Show hidden files option.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Using Hiding apps on Android:-
Like all other technology-related software tools, hidden apps have pros and cons. below is a list of some of the pros and cons of using hidden apps.
Advantages of Hidden App:-
- Hidden apps help parents monitor their little ones and track their online activity on their phones. Parents can view and check children’s web history and their social media presence.
- You can use Hide app to hide objectionable chats and other media files from children and other people.
Disadvantages of Hidden App:-
- Most hidden apps are designed to help users keep private information, private conversations and private media files of other people. Practicing hiding apps regularly can have a negative impact on your healthy relationship with your loved ones and your partner.
- In today’s digital world, accessing internet and mobile phone has become very easy. This makes kids more aware of hiding things and their activities on their phones. Hence, hidden apps help kids keep their activities secret from their parents, making it difficult for parents to monitor their kids.
- A mobile user who is not aware of these hidden apps and their features can become a victim in the digital world of the internet.
Some of the Top Apps that Kids Love to Hide on their Android Phone:-
Vault apps are designed to keep your things personal and private on your smartphone with over 100 million smartphone users worldwide, Vault-Hide has become a favorite among teenagers who want to hide their private information from friends and family.
Hide it Pro:-
The Hide It Pro app looks like an audio player with an icon that looks a lot like iTunes. But it is a vault used to hide all kinds of files fully encrypted on the phone.
Keep Safe Photo Vault:-
The Keep safe Photo Vault app doesn’t appear in your recently viewed apps list, so users who want to make sure others can’t detect the phone’s hidden apps often choose a hidden-phone app.
If someone tries to access the Vaulty Android app, it clicks on an image of the infringer. This provides an extra layer of security that makes the app more popular among people who want to hide their photos and videos on their Android phones.
How to Find Hidden Apps on Android:-
- Launch the Device Settings app on your phone.
- Click on Apps section.
- Select for All Apps
- Scroll the screen and see the list of all the apps present on your device
- If something looks different and interesting, Google to discover more about it.
It will help if you try to search for apps through folders on the phone nowadays, kids have become quite clever and they can try to hide apps deep in the Android operating system. Often, they name the folders in a way that you might not be interested in, such as “Minecraft Pictures”.
How to Check Whether an App is Real or Not:-
The Android OS is full of tricks, and several apps installed on the phone look normal, but some perform different functions. You will find several apps in the Google Play Store that look like normal apps, but they are designed to hide the data present on the device. Because of such apps it is not easy to tell what is happening on the device.
A good example of such an app is the “Smart Hide Calculator” app which looks like a basic calculator app, but functions as a file storage application. To know and unlock its real function, you need to type a specific pin code.
To check if an app installed on an Android phone is real, follow the steps below.
- Press and hold the app until a small menu pops up
- At the top of the window, you will see a small “i” information circle.
- Tap the small “i” icon to view details
- When a new page opens, tap on app details and it will show you everything about the app.
- If you find something wrong or funny, consult Google Play for official information regarding it
Note that this method may not work if you downloaded the app from somewhere other than Google Play.
Find Hidden Apps on Android Using Parental Control App:-
There is another easy way to find hidden apps on Android phone: Parental control app. If you want to find hidden apps on your child’s phone and keep them safe, you can use a parental control app designed to protect children.
This includes viewing their Messenger conversations, viewing media on their devices, viewing their browser history, and more. Spy parental control app helps you to uncover hidden apps on Android phone. It allows you to see what apps are installed on your kid’s phone, including hidden apps. Such a hidden app finder has many more features to monitor your kids and keep them safe.
I hope through this article I was able to tell how to find hidden apps on android. Also you have found the site you are looking for. If you know anything else you can ask in the comments below.